June TBR and what I am currently reading

First my Netgalley eARCs I need to get to this month:

Monstrous Heart is a gothic, epic, romantic debut YA fantasy novel about a young woman named Arden. She needs to keep the lighthouse burning in order to prove herself. The town she's in has their own view about a "woman's place" and the sea surrounding is filled with monstrous creatures. One of the townsfolk, Jonah Riven - hunter of leviathans, is rumored to have murdered his wife and Arden must try to survive in midst of this dark shore. The description says this is perfect for fans of Outlander and The Binding.

I'm hoping this lives up to my expectations. I'm worried though about the "woman's place" part and the comparison to Outlander.


Aria's Travelling Book Shop is marketed as heartwarming, uplifting and funny novel of friendship, love and adventure.
It's about Aria and her best friend Rosie's adventure in their book-shop camper van. Since Aria's husband died, she's sworn off love, but after one too many glasses of wine she falls from a karaoke stage directly into the arms of Jonathan.

This sounds like an easy feel good read in those horrifying and uncertain times. Just what I need as a good palette cleanser in between heavier books.


I've started this already and I cannot put it down. If you've read Gods of Jade and Shadow, you'll likely already have this pre-ordered or at least on your radar.

This is a novel about a young, flighty socialite named Noemi, who received a mysterious and concerning letter from her newlywed cousin Catalina.
Catalina claims her husband is poisoning her and she needs help.
Noemi sets out to discover what is affecting her cousin and gets sucked into "High Place" the Doyle family's old and creepy manor.

I'm now about halfway in and I won't spoil anything, but this is one you'll definitely want to read.

Then a physical re-read that is on my Witcher-A-Thon TBR list:


This year I am re-reading the Wheel of Time series and I started this month, because I am reading The Eye of The World for the Witcher-A-Thon.

I'm already halfway through and I believe I'm enjoying myself even more than the first time. I can see the characters develop and find a lot of things that I haven't noticed the first time. What a treat!
Is there something like a Re-readathon? If so, sign me up so I can read all my favorite books again.



Comments

Popular Posts