Fable by Adrienne Young

 

Fable has a gorgeous cover and it certainly had tropes in the blurb that I was interested in. I'm a sucker for pirate stories and redheads.

Sadly it was quite boring and unimaginative. Not a lot happens and the sudden romantic interest wasn't convincing enough for me. There was no real development between Fable and West in terms of their relationship. Another point I found a bit ridiculous was them French kissing 40 feet down the ocean in a ship wreck (who would voluntarily open their mouth while under water so deep just to get some tongue action?!). The big reveal at the end wasn't a shock to me either and I wasn't invested in the characters or story enough to continue on with this series. 

On a positive note, Adrienne Young has a good writing style and I finished the book quite quickly besides all the points I made above.

I can recommend this to readers who're looking for some light YA fantasy, but don't expect amazingly developed plot lines or characters.

I listened to this on audiobook and I did enjoy Emma Lysy's narration.

Comments

Popular Posts